Skip to main content

Axiron To The Rescue?


My doctor and I have embarked on a medical treatment plan that involves the use of testosterone. I’m middle aged, I get that. Things change, the body is definitely different place than it was in my 20-30’s.  Energy levels, libido and mental capacity have changed. I’m also anemic. A previous doctor back around 2000 noted I was low on the testosterone scale. My current doctor concurs with this, and now apparently they measure these levels in a different way than before. That is, they not only measure the T levels in your blood, but more importantly, the monitor the amount of bio-available T you have.  So after months of begging (literally), he has agreed to start this course of treatment. Oh, and by the way, a side effect of this therapy is increased red blood cell production. A definite win-win for me.
Started yesterday. This consists of a gel application in the morning under my arms. Go figure. Perhaps there are certain receptors there that are more easily accessed than say on the stomach or upper arms. It’s an awkward application process and messy. However, within 15 minutes of applying it yesterday, BAM! Severe headaches. A side effect but one I can live with and one that will more than likely subside as this goes on. I could tell that this hormone was coursing through my body. Elevated body temperature, sweating, slight palpitations in the chest, and tingling on my lips. I did notice a slight increase in energy levels yesterday and I felt more alert. This could be placebo effect related, or perhaps it’s doing what it should be doing…  Wasn’t falling asleep tired like I usually am last night.
Now today, I awoke and I felt one of the side effects from time past. The feeling is not fatigue, but similar in nature… more of a … “my body is fighting off the effects of a cold” sort of feeling. Also a sort of a “I’m on ephedrine type medications” feeling. This probably doesn’t make any sense to you, but I know what I’m referring to. Today my body feels hot….as in heat wise.
I want to document the process. So far, no anger issues like from treatment times past. Welcome back T…I’ve missed you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes To Myself - Rambling

Just thinking out loud here – rambling is to follow To go along with my last entry (song lyrics about coming to terms with yourself “when a man of my age”) Love It hurts. It cuts. It’s intense. Let me explain: I know how I feel about Jon, we have dated for a little over two years. It’s wonderful from the get go. I’ve dated him for two years and known him for a little over three years. What I have learned, I love.   Our feelings for one another have progressed along the way.   Am I in love?   Yes. Do I love him? Yes. Emotional barriers came tumbling down in the course of our interactions. I feel as though I know him and I equally feel that I am known by him. This is a powerful thing to me. I want this intimacy more than I care to admit.   How wonderful to share with another, to allow them to know the good and the bad, and in turn, they continue to want to know you and to be with you. The same is true in reverse, I know about him and I continue...

What Is The Basis for My Values / Morality?

 This was a creative exercise that I recently did, a way to think through some things and where my focus and attention is best centered. Cause and effect, that is, every action and deed produces fruit I am a social animal, and there is a basis for living peacefully and skillfully in my social interactions with others Things in and of themselves have no intrinsic existence in themselves, but their identity is relational to everything else around it (hence the need for being able to exist peacefully with others and the environment. Understanding things as they are - that we are all subject to suffering and that my actions should alleviate suffering in myself and others. Right intention - that is - commitment to ethics and mental self-improvement. Right speech, to abstain from deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully. Refrain from slanderous speech and not to speak maliciously of others Don't speak to cause discord Speak the truth, especially when there is an injustice Truthfulnes...

Ep011: #GoodAncestor Robin DiAngelo on White Fragility