Skip to main content

Alex, I'll Take Anal Probing for 300 Points!


Many of you are aware that I have had some ongoing medical issues for some time. I want to thank everyone for their concern and encouragement. I’ll admit to being somewhat of a “baby” in this manner. I’m sure to be adding to the stereotype of men not being able to handle illness without someone around to care for them. What adds to this is that for most of my life, physically I have felt fine and my body adapts to most stressors and I come away better for it. These past months have thrown me, my body has not adjusted and come bouncing back to relative health. This has just been another reminder of wasted youthful days and the impermanence of my body and my time here. Some days have been better than others and I vacillate between openness and disclosure and then at other times shutting down physically and emotionally.  I've not felt well for some time and I have become frustrated with the process of discovering what is going on with my body. To counteract  any rumors of my demise, here’s what I know:

·         Diagnosed as hyperanemic
·         Had many, many needles in my arms drawing off this precious elixir of the gods “the life is in the   blood”
·         Tests, tests, and more tests (and more tests to come)
·         Cameras, anal probes, snip snips in my upper and lower G.I. track. Anal and oral probes (that sounds so dirty doesn’t it?) give me a relatively clean bill of health. No oddities, gerbils, ping pong balls or lost civilizations found. My G spot has still not been found
·         I’m being referred as of now to hematology/oncology specialists in Kingsport
I’m fatigued and grouchy much of the time.  I’m sorry if I come across overly harsh or short at times. I’m a bit more spacey than normal and forgetful of basic everyday things.  I’m successful if I practice a little mindfulness and this seems to center me. I just have to remind myself to do this, to be present NOW and to appreciate things. I do appreciate you, thank you everyone for being in my life.  J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes To Myself - Rambling

Just thinking out loud here – rambling is to follow To go along with my last entry (song lyrics about coming to terms with yourself “when a man of my age”) Love It hurts. It cuts. It’s intense. Let me explain: I know how I feel about Jon, we have dated for a little over two years. It’s wonderful from the get go. I’ve dated him for two years and known him for a little over three years. What I have learned, I love.   Our feelings for one another have progressed along the way.   Am I in love?   Yes. Do I love him? Yes. Emotional barriers came tumbling down in the course of our interactions. I feel as though I know him and I equally feel that I am known by him. This is a powerful thing to me. I want this intimacy more than I care to admit.   How wonderful to share with another, to allow them to know the good and the bad, and in turn, they continue to want to know you and to be with you. The same is true in reverse, I know about him and I continue...

What Is The Basis for My Values / Morality?

 This was a creative exercise that I recently did, a way to think through some things and where my focus and attention is best centered. Cause and effect, that is, every action and deed produces fruit I am a social animal, and there is a basis for living peacefully and skillfully in my social interactions with others Things in and of themselves have no intrinsic existence in themselves, but their identity is relational to everything else around it (hence the need for being able to exist peacefully with others and the environment. Understanding things as they are - that we are all subject to suffering and that my actions should alleviate suffering in myself and others. Right intention - that is - commitment to ethics and mental self-improvement. Right speech, to abstain from deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully. Refrain from slanderous speech and not to speak maliciously of others Don't speak to cause discord Speak the truth, especially when there is an injustice Truthfulnes...

Ep011: #GoodAncestor Robin DiAngelo on White Fragility