Skip to main content

My Outline for Success

I'm writing the last chapter of my dissertation. I plan to defend before fall classes begin (optimal but not likely) or the first weeks into the fall semester (probable).
To keep me on track, here's my outline for discussion. Already immersed in whittling this down as I have been writing already:

Discussion

  • Restate the purpose of the research, making note of intersections
  • Identify the main themes the emerged from the data
  • Under Place and Cultural Identification
    • Rural Appalachia
    • Religious orientation
  • Seeking Health Services - Theme One
    •  Rurality
    • Quality of Services
    • Accuracy in Treatment
    • Positive Experiences with Health Care Professionals
    • HIV and General Care Issues
    • HIV Medicines
      • Alternative Therapies
      • Challenges in Obtaining Medicines
      • Ancillary Support
        • Specific Supporting Spiritual Practices 
      • Adherence Issues
      • Missed Dosages 
  • Stigma - Theme Two
    • MSM Religious Stigma (homophobia)
    • MSM Appalachia as Place Related Stigma
    • MSM Related Stigma
    • MSM Family Related Stigma
    • HIV Related Stigma - General Community 
    • HIV Related Stigma - Gay Community
    • HIV Related Stigma - Health Care Related (Negative Interactions w/ HC Professionals)
      • Health Care Insurance Related
    • Privacy and Confidentiality Stigma Related Concerns
  • Personal Journey - Theme Three
  • Case Studies One and Two
  • Limitations
  • Policy Implications and Further Research

Time to wrap this up! Wish me well. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes To Myself - Rambling

Just thinking out loud here – rambling is to follow To go along with my last entry (song lyrics about coming to terms with yourself “when a man of my age”) Love It hurts. It cuts. It’s intense. Let me explain: I know how I feel about Jon, we have dated for a little over two years. It’s wonderful from the get go. I’ve dated him for two years and known him for a little over three years. What I have learned, I love.   Our feelings for one another have progressed along the way.   Am I in love?   Yes. Do I love him? Yes. Emotional barriers came tumbling down in the course of our interactions. I feel as though I know him and I equally feel that I am known by him. This is a powerful thing to me. I want this intimacy more than I care to admit.   How wonderful to share with another, to allow them to know the good and the bad, and in turn, they continue to want to know you and to be with you. The same is true in reverse, I know about him and I continue...

What Is The Basis for My Values / Morality?

 This was a creative exercise that I recently did, a way to think through some things and where my focus and attention is best centered. Cause and effect, that is, every action and deed produces fruit I am a social animal, and there is a basis for living peacefully and skillfully in my social interactions with others Things in and of themselves have no intrinsic existence in themselves, but their identity is relational to everything else around it (hence the need for being able to exist peacefully with others and the environment. Understanding things as they are - that we are all subject to suffering and that my actions should alleviate suffering in myself and others. Right intention - that is - commitment to ethics and mental self-improvement. Right speech, to abstain from deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully. Refrain from slanderous speech and not to speak maliciously of others Don't speak to cause discord Speak the truth, especially when there is an injustice Truthfulnes...

Ep011: #GoodAncestor Robin DiAngelo on White Fragility