Skip to main content

My March Madness

No secret that my life is one big ol' ball of stress. For those of you who have ever undertaken a thesis/dissertation project, you do have some idea of what my life is like right now. I'd say I'm over 75% there, it's the remaining 25% that has my "panties all up in a wad." Much of my stress is self imposed and has led to a paralysis of sorts. That's the way of my world. I look forward to completing this project and feeling the sense of accomplishment that will come with it. I'm committed, I am also feeling some wear and tear physically and emotionally.
To that end, I am still trying to find some balance in my life, not there yet but working towards it. I enjoy nature. I enjoy all things flora and fauna related. So I wander around outside and I take pictures of things I find interesting. It gives me some sense of peace.


"The wonder is that we can see these trees and not wonder more."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes To Myself - Rambling

Just thinking out loud here – rambling is to follow To go along with my last entry (song lyrics about coming to terms with yourself “when a man of my age”) Love It hurts. It cuts. It’s intense. Let me explain: I know how I feel about Jon, we have dated for a little over two years. It’s wonderful from the get go. I’ve dated him for two years and known him for a little over three years. What I have learned, I love.   Our feelings for one another have progressed along the way.   Am I in love?   Yes. Do I love him? Yes. Emotional barriers came tumbling down in the course of our interactions. I feel as though I know him and I equally feel that I am known by him. This is a powerful thing to me. I want this intimacy more than I care to admit.   How wonderful to share with another, to allow them to know the good and the bad, and in turn, they continue to want to know you and to be with you. The same is true in reverse, I know about him and I continue...

What Is The Basis for My Values / Morality?

 This was a creative exercise that I recently did, a way to think through some things and where my focus and attention is best centered. Cause and effect, that is, every action and deed produces fruit I am a social animal, and there is a basis for living peacefully and skillfully in my social interactions with others Things in and of themselves have no intrinsic existence in themselves, but their identity is relational to everything else around it (hence the need for being able to exist peacefully with others and the environment. Understanding things as they are - that we are all subject to suffering and that my actions should alleviate suffering in myself and others. Right intention - that is - commitment to ethics and mental self-improvement. Right speech, to abstain from deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully. Refrain from slanderous speech and not to speak maliciously of others Don't speak to cause discord Speak the truth, especially when there is an injustice Truthfulnes...

Ep011: #GoodAncestor Robin DiAngelo on White Fragility