Skip to main content

Where is Love Now?

I have to admit this song is an obsession for me right now. I've had it as music for awhile, but it has only been in the last week that I have really listened to this. And when I did, BAM! hit me hard. Knocked me over in fact. Ever have songs do that? Wasn't over impressed when I first heard it, so whatever moved me came internally. Jimmie Dale Gilmore certainly knew how to write a powerful ballad. Understated and performed, I can see this in my mind's eye...sorrowful and beautiful simultaneously. Expressions of longing and loss ....I've experienced this in my life. Boon or blessing I tend to feel and experience things on an intense level (this is how I would describe this - although perhaps everyone is like this - I have no way to compare). This is one of those instances where this is what I would say if I had the lyrical talent to do... great interplay of words. 


If I can stay here with you
Without hope or knowing what to do
If I can watch the light fade away
Without fear or knowing what to say
Cry the tears from my eyes
Leave me here long enough to realize

Where is love now?
Where is love now?
Out here in the dark

If I can hold all my dreams
Through the night of the way life sometimes seems
If I can't see where to go
I'll stay lost in silence 'til I know
Cry the tears from my eyes
Leave me here long enough to realize

Where is love now?
Where is love now?
Out here in the dark

Where is love now?
Where is love now?
Out here in the dark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes To Myself - Rambling

Just thinking out loud here – rambling is to follow To go along with my last entry (song lyrics about coming to terms with yourself “when a man of my age”) Love It hurts. It cuts. It’s intense. Let me explain: I know how I feel about Jon, we have dated for a little over two years. It’s wonderful from the get go. I’ve dated him for two years and known him for a little over three years. What I have learned, I love.   Our feelings for one another have progressed along the way.   Am I in love?   Yes. Do I love him? Yes. Emotional barriers came tumbling down in the course of our interactions. I feel as though I know him and I equally feel that I am known by him. This is a powerful thing to me. I want this intimacy more than I care to admit.   How wonderful to share with another, to allow them to know the good and the bad, and in turn, they continue to want to know you and to be with you. The same is true in reverse, I know about him and I continue...

What Is The Basis for My Values / Morality?

 This was a creative exercise that I recently did, a way to think through some things and where my focus and attention is best centered. Cause and effect, that is, every action and deed produces fruit I am a social animal, and there is a basis for living peacefully and skillfully in my social interactions with others Things in and of themselves have no intrinsic existence in themselves, but their identity is relational to everything else around it (hence the need for being able to exist peacefully with others and the environment. Understanding things as they are - that we are all subject to suffering and that my actions should alleviate suffering in myself and others. Right intention - that is - commitment to ethics and mental self-improvement. Right speech, to abstain from deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully. Refrain from slanderous speech and not to speak maliciously of others Don't speak to cause discord Speak the truth, especially when there is an injustice Truthfulnes...

Ep011: #GoodAncestor Robin DiAngelo on White Fragility